Brazil is enormous, diverse country with many amazing and unique attractions. Especially impressive are the diverse natural landmarks - many surprising geological monuments and areas with unique and endemic plants and animals. Few know it outside the country - but there are many beautiful historical cities. Many beautiful monuments of architecture have been created in Brazil in 20th century. Below are listed some of the most amazing landmarks.
Brazil belongs to the largest countries of the world and most of the country is located in tropics. Thus it contains huge amount of very interesting geological and biological attractions including the largest rainforest in the world - Amazon Rainforest. The specifics of Wondermondo are such that here are not described attractions with large area - thus you will not find descriptions of Amazon Rainforest or Pantanal here. Wondermondo though offers description of smaller unique landmarks.
Diverse geology of Brazil has resulted in numerous very impressive rock formations met around the whole country. Below are listed some of the characteristic ones.
- Itaimbezinho Canyon – Rio Grande do Sul. Up to 720 m deep and 6 km long canyon with unbelievable, very impressive sights. Additional charm is added by exotic, tall araucarias.
- Pedra da Gávea – Rio De Janeiro. Granite and gneiss dome rising 842 m above the sea level. World’s largest monolith on a coastline. The giant rock has some similarity to human face.
- Sugarloaf Mountain – Rio De Janeiro. Impressive, rounded, 396 m high granite peak, one of the dominants in the landscape of Rio De Janeiro. Can be reached by a cable car.
- Morro do Pico – Fernando de Noronha Islands, Pernambuco. Unusual, slanted peak rising from the ocean 321 m high.
- Pedra Furada – Santa Catarina. Large natural arch – or rather a hole in rock with forest growing in it.